How can I help?
The National Association of Asian American Professionals (NAAAP) Boston Chapter is a fast-growing, volunteer-run professional organization – your involvement makes a great impact on our mission AND contributes to your professional experience.
Currently, the Boston Chapter of NAAAP is looking for a few good volunteers to get involved with several projects being developed. This is an exciting opportunity to work with Asian leaders from across the Greater Boston area, as well as with leaders from across the nation on initiatives that will impact all of NAAAP chapters.
Why get involved?
- Do you want to build leadership and organizational skills that will enhance your professional life?
- Do you want be more valuable to your employer or potential employers?
- Do you want to build and grow your professional network?
- Do you want to be a part of the largest and fastest growing Asian professional organization in North America?
Your volunteer experience can be an asset to your career advancement.
NEW YORK, July 31, 2013 — According to a new survey from Deloitte, human resources (HR) executives agree that skills-based volunteering enhances the job prospects for graduating college seniors and returning military veterans. Yet, despite challenging economic times, less than half of the college students (46 percent) and military personnel (48 percent) surveyed think of volunteering at a nonprofit as a way to develop skills and gain the experience needed to land a future job.
The 2013 Deloitte Volunteer IMPACT Survey polled HR executives, college seniors and military veterans. According to the HR executives surveyed:
- Skilled volunteer experience makes a job candidate more desirable (76 percent)
- Skilled volunteer experience makes a college graduate more desirable (81 percent)
- Skilled volunteer experience makes a serviceman more desirable (78 percent)
- Complimentary membership for the duration of your term
- Complimentary admission to all NAAAP Boston events
- Invitations to the Leadership Retreats
- Reimbursement for attending National Leadership Academy and National Convention (subject to availability of funds)
- Opportunities for leadership development and exposure to Corporate/Non-Profit organizational structure
- Complimentary admission to Corporate sponsors’ or other organizations’ events
- Access to the NAAAP National Library
If you are ready to become a leader for one of our 12 committees, then be sure to contact us today! We look forward to having you on our leadership team. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.