Boston Dragon Boat Festival
Spanning nearly 2,300 years, the Boston Dragon Boat Festival transforms old traditions into an exciting sporting and cultural event on the Charles River. The Boston Dragon Boat Festival is New England’s largest Asian-American cultural event drawing more than 20,000 participants and spectators. The event will include boat races, arts and crafts demonstrations, tasty Asian foods, and cultural performances. This is North America’s longest running Dragon Boat Festival! Each year, 30-40 teams from the US and Canada compete over a 500-meter course in an energetic race to the finish line.
How to join the NAAAP Boston Typhoons
NAAAP Boston will also be taking part in the Dragon Boat races with our own NAAAP Boston Typhoons! To be eligible to join the NAAAP Boston Typhoons, you’d need to be a NAAAP Boston Member in good standing.
Please READ all the details before committing to the team:
- All paddlers MUST attend the time trials
- All paddlers MUST attend the race day
- All paddlers MUST attend at least 6 practices to paddle on race day
- All paddlers must sign a waiver with photo ID before the first practice begins
- All paddlers will be given a team jersey
- Participation fee is $25 for NAAAP members and $55 for non members
Sign up for the Dragon Boat team is on a first come first serve basis. Preference will be given to NAAAP members only.
There is only space for 22 team members. Additional people will be added to a wait list. Dragon Boat Team Registration
Additional emails will follow with full details once the team has been set.
For any questions, please contact:
- Team Manager, Thuy Le at email@example.com
- Team Captain, Christopher Hwang at firstname.lastname@example.org
11 PRACTICES TOTAL will be held on the Charles River at the MIT Pierce Boathouse AND Fort Point Channel
TUESDAY OR WEDNESDAY PRACTICES
6 weeknight practices will be held on either Tuesday or Wednesday evenings at 7:00PM starting the week of May 5 through the week of June 8. The practice day is in the process of being determined by the Festival organizers – stay tuned!
5 Sunday practices will be held on the following dates:
- Sunday, May 10, 2015, 10:00AM-11:30AM at Fort Point Channel
- Sunday, May 17, 2015, 10:00AM-11:30AM at Fort Point Channel
- Sunday, May 24, 2015, 10:00AM-11:30AM at Fort Point Channel
- Sunday, May 31, 2015, 10:00AM-11:30AM at Fort Point Channel
- Sunday, June 7, 2015, 10:00AM-11:30AM at Fort Point Channel